Powered By Square1.io
Submission window now closed.
HeadStuff is currently busy choosing the next batch of poems for our Poem of the Week series. Please check back again soon for upcoming submission opportunities.
What are we looking for?
At HeadStuff we seek poems that engage, poems that nestle under the skin and linger long after they have been read. We are looking for poems that celebrate the ordinary and call attention to things overlooked. We like poetry that points to beauty in unlikely places and poems that make us pause and reconsider our point of view, or our place in the world. We want poems that shift perspectives. We are looking for poets that show a keen interest in words and a playfulness with language, but most of all we want poems that are well written. If you have a poem that is honest and well crafted, send it on, we’d love to read it.
If you are a spoken-word poet, we would love to hear from you. If you write haiku, we would love to hear from you. If you write in iambic pentameter, or the wildest of free verse, we would love to hear from you.
To get an idea of the kind of things we have published before, you can read previous Poems of the Week here. Don’t be put off if none of those voices sound like you, we are always looking for new voices too.
- Send up to four poems for consideration (but don’t feel you have to send four, if you only have one that you are happy with, don’t crowd it out with work that isn’t ready, just send it on its own and let it shine.)
- We accept simultaneous submissions, just let us know if it is accepted elsewhere
- Email submissions to [email protected], please include ‘Poem of the Week’ in the subject of your submission
- All articles/poems should be submitted in .doc/,docx format
- Recordings of poetry also accepted, but sound must be of a high quality. Please submit in the format you would like the poem to appear e.g. Soundcloud/Youtube video
- Include in your submission your name, contact details and a brief bio, no longer than 100 words.
Deadline: 20th October 2020
Email: [email protected]
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates on future competitions and poetry submission opportunities.
We are also seeking submissions of articles/ reviews. If you would like to contribute Poetry Book Reviews/Interviews/Essays/Reviews on Poetry Performances/ or long form articles, please do get in touch. If you haven’t written for HeadStuff before send on a brief proposal first.